Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update on Mandy and Snickers

Both are well. Active happy. Very busy.
Mandy had a slight mishap on the 26th. I was doing her monthly BG Check.
I use 25 gauge needles,not lancets. Got a bubble and bg of 74. Well seems along the way I some how cut mandy's ear. It was pouring blood. I kept applying pressure for 20mins. Every time I thought it was sealing off ,a very mad and put out Mandy growled hissed and shook her head and off we went. Called vet said to keep applying pressure and apply some ice. Well tried Mandy was getting so mad and upset ,I was afraid she would get sick. Ran her in to vet,they had to clamp it down for some time .Then put glue sealing stuff on it. Got home Mandy run out of crate,started grooming . All is well.
Snickers bgs before insulin had been running in 200-300 range. Decided he wanted to nibble on dry dm ,well then his bgs are in high 300-mid 400's. I am not amused. Got busy got and kept him out of dry food and he is fine.I am trying to be sure only FF goes in his mouth. We are working on that. Other wise he is a happy ,content playful sweet little guy. And so goes our sugar dance.To Be Continued.

No comments:

Mandy Party Girl

Mandy Party Girl
Gee whatever

Snickers the Handsome

Snickers the Handsome
Well is it pokie time?